GORE® SEAMGUARD® Reinforcement is a synthetic buttressing material engineered to reduce perioperative leaks and bleeding in a variety of minimally invasive surgeries.
GORE® SEAMGUARD® Bioabsorbable Staple Line Reinforcement has a legacy of providing successful outcomes.
Reduce Leaks: The only* staple line reinforcement proven to significantly reduce leaks in sleeve gastrectomy procedures. 1, 2
Reduce Bleeding: Proven to significantly reduce bleeding. 3
Reduce Financial Risk: Avoids the potential $137,000 average cost per patient of treating leaks. 4
Partner with the leading staple line reinforcement for positive outcomes.
Studies and papers developed over the last 13 years clearly show GORE® SEAMGUARD® Bioabsorbable Staple Line Reinforcement reduces leaks and bleeding.
- 60+ peer-reviewed clinical literature supporting leak and bleeding reduction.3
- 2.5+ million devices implanted, helping patients worldwide.
Unique 3D matrix material facilitates tissue generation and healing.
GORE® SEAMGUARD® Reinforcement is made from a synthetic copolymer—polyglycolic acid:trimethylene carbonate (PGA:TMC)—featuring an open, highly interconnected pore structure that facilitates cell infiltration and ingrowth. GORE® SEAMGUARD® Reinforcement provides added strength to the staple line before being gradually and predictably absorbed within six to seven months. By reducing post-op leaks and bleeding, GORE® SEAMGUARD® Reinforcement may contribute to shorter hospital stays, decreased costs, and lower morbidity rates.3
* Considering all systematic reviews and meta-analysis of published articles only that distinguish between types of staple line reinforcement.
Gagner M., & Buchwald, J.N. (2014).Comparison of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy leak rates in four staple-line reinforcement options: a systematic review: Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 10(4), 713-723.
- Gagner M, Brown M. Update on sleeve gastrectomy leak rate with the use of reinforcement. Obesity Surgery 2016; 26(1):146-150.
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. Clinical Performance with Staple Line Reinforcement. Scientific Literature Analysis (n = 4689 patients). Flagstaff, AZ: W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc; 2013.
- Zambelli-Weiner A, Brooks E, Brolin R, Bour ES. Total charges for postoperative leak following laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. Presented at Obesity Week 2013: The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and the Obesity Society Joint Annual Scientific Meeting; November 11-16, 2013; Atlanta, GA. A-305-P.